BIOLUST IN THE DUST: GENETICALLY MODIFIED TRANSGENIC HUMANS AS HOT MESS EROS,
15 IDEAS 20 MINUTES
subnetTALK 2022 on the topic of „Lust“.
Insight and dialogue in the field of tension: art, research, technology.
subnetTALK goes Schmiede
Dr. Adam Zaretsky of NADLinc is a nomadic Wet-Lab Art Practitioner mixing Ecology, Biotechnology, Non-human Relations, Body Performance and Gastronomy. Zaretsky stages lively, hands-on bioart production labs based on topics such as: foreign species invasion (pure/impure), radical food science (edible/inedible), jazz bioinformatics (code/flesh), tissue culture (undead/semi-alive), transgenic design issues (traits/desires), interactive ethology (person/machine/non-human) and physiology (performance/stress). A former researcher at the MIT department of biology, Adam runs labs on DIY-IGM (Do-It-Yourself Inherited Genetic Modification of the Human Genome). His art practice focuses on an array of legal, ethical, social and libidinal implications of biotechnological materials and methods with a focus on transgenic humans, methods of transgenesis and germline aesthetics.
This talk is covering the bioethics of genetically modified baby production with the taint of libido. Understanding the body as a design project includes an overview of the desire to modify, mutate and mate with Alt-human versions. Covering everything from Breeder Fetishism to Animal Research to Artificial Wombs to the sculpting of congenital Anatomy, BioLust in the Dust interpolates Eros in the Germline without the Public Relations Angel Investor’s version of big science bioethics.
Optional Additional Teaser Texts to Sprinkle on Press Releases:
1. Transgene Anatomical Orgy: Cut and Paste Life Tuning
2. Taboo, Transgression and Transcendence in Art and Science
3. Being ProAbortion.
4. Transgenic Mouse Animal Facility as Pornography.
5. Bi-transversal Anatomy and the Libido of the Orificial Economy.
6. Fern Sperm Chemotaxis and Sexual Attraction as Metabolic Abundance.
7. thGAP_ Transgenic Human Genome Alternatives Project.
8. Public Databases in the Service of Open Source Mutant Human builds.
9. Artificial Wombs: The Wearable Open Drop Microfluidic Automated Womb.
10. Mutualism in Excess / Beyond Survival and Fitness Regimes
11. Transgender Transgenics, the Human Embryo Reloaded
12. The Antibreeder and the Fetish Mutantphiliac in the Transgenic Human Embryo IVF Clinic.
13. Advancing New Reproductive Technologies: Human Sporulation, Budding, Blebbing and Rhizomatic Sapient.Kraft.
14. Sustainable Orgy: MegaFertility and AntiAusterity Aesthetics in the Service of Green Excess.
15. Bio.Feral Rebirthing Retreat: Gestalt Bioart/Bodyart on the Beach.
Alte Schmiede Hallein
Mauttorpromenade 7, 5400 Hallein
one hour – Imput approx. 20 min, Dialog approx. 40 min.
Insight and dialogue in the field of tension: art, research, material.
subnetTALK is an open dialogue format. subnet invites artists and researchers to give an impulse on topics in the field of tension between art, material and research. This impulse is the basis for the following dialogue. Both impulse and dialogue will be recorded and broadcast by FS1. Rüdiger Wassibauer moderates the dialogue.
subnetTALK is a cooperation between the Center for Human Computer Interaction (University of Salzburg) and subnet. In September it is also an part of Schmiede Hallein.
Weblinks to Adam Zaretsky:
https://archive.org/details/@pfarm https://www.hackteria.org/workshops/thgap/ https://archive.org/details/thGAP/thGAP_booklet_screen/ https://www.makery.info/en/author/adam-zaretsky/ https://www.makery.info/en/2021/09/01/english-human-germline-gene-editing-is-bioart-an-open-letter-to-lulu-and-nana/ https://ectopialab.org/category/copraxis-adam-dalila-monica/ https://waag.org/en/project/viva-la-vivo-vastal/